Independent Reading - 2nd Quarter
- Critical Reading Journals - find the description of the assignment on the Critical Reading Journals page.
- Due Dates
- Journals # 1-3 - January 8, 2015 (45 points)
- Journals # 4-6 - February 18, 2015 (45 points)
- Due Dates
- Presentations - will take place beginning on February 18, 2015. The specifications and requirements are listed below.
- Must be in PowerPoint or some other type of program that allows for you to do a visual presentation on the Smartboard.
- Presentation must include at least 7 slides on the following items:
- Author information
- Characters - Protagonist, Antagonist, and any other main characters that are relevant
- Main Events
- Quotes - at least two major quotes from the novel
- Tone / Mood
- Your presentation should take no more than 5 minutes. Due to time constraints, if it goes over 5 minutes you will be stopped.
- The selection of presentation order and dates will be randomly chosen the week before vacation.
- Even though you might not present on the first day, your file is still due on that day along with your full Critical Reading Journal.
- Please bring your presentation file on a flash drive, CD, or e-mail it to me. If you e-mail it to yourself, it will be considered late.
- Powerpoint file - 30 points
- Presentation - 10 points
- Time - 10 points
- Total - 50 points
Below is a list of assigned books for the independent reading assignment.
page revision: 29, last edited: 16 Feb 2015 19:34